Monday, November 06, 2017

Review : Zoeva Cat Eye Pen in Blackest Black

Hey loves!

I'm currently enjoying using pen eyeliners whenever I line my eyes. I used to prefer gel liners because of their blackness and the fact that the amount of product you get is more compared to other types of eyeliners. But when I come to think of it, I don't really like the thought of having eye products for too long because of the bacteria build up after some time and then you apply it on your eyes, which are one of the sensitive areas of your body.

So I settle with the ease of application and much less time-consuming quality of a pen eyeliner. I've been into pen liners for probably a couple of years now and I didn't miss using gel liners! Haha!

Here's what I'm currently using...

Zoeva Cat Eye Pen in Blackest Black

Bought it from Sephora PH. The regular price of this is PhP 386.00, but it is currently out of stock.


To be honest, I bought this to avail the free shipping and the added freebies when I bought some items at Sephora. Haha! I wasn't really looking for a new one because I still have one when I bought it. It doesn't hurt to have a reserve though!



Product info from the website:


This longlasting and quick drying stylo liner enables you to create delicate fine lines as well as dramatically sexy bold strokes. Gently apply it with a steady hand along the upper lash line.
Recap tightly after use. | Do not use inside the eye. | Discontinue use if signs of irritation appear.
Defined by the blackest black, the ultra-precise and long-lasting ZOEVA Cat Eye Pen provides smooth and easy application with its superfine and flexible brush tip, creating both – delicate classic fine lines as well as dramatically bold strokes with a silky finish.
The formulation of the stylo liner is dermatologically approved and 100% free of formaldehyde and parabens.
1 Cat Eye Pen eyeliner 
Net content: 1.0 ml / 0.03 us oz
Ingredients: Aqua, Butylene Glycol, CI 77266 (Carbon Black) (nano), Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Coco-Glucoside, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Sodium Benzoate, Ammonium Hydroxide, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate.Sunburn Alert: This product contains an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that may increase your skin's sensitivity to the sun and particularly the possibility of sunburn. Use a sunscreen, wear protective clothing, and limit sun exposure while using this product and for a week afterwards.


When I first saw the product physically, I like how it looked. I like the matte box it came with and I like the design of the pen. The slim plastic pen contrasted with the matte area with a slight curve where you hold it gives the whole thing a sexy vibe. I like the overall look because when I think of a cat eye, I think of sleek and sexy and this is just it! 

I also love the tip. It's a brush that doesn't bend easily. I like this kind of applicator because it makes it easy for me to control the lines I'm making. I can create thinner lines with ease!

Here's the swatch. I like the blackness of this. It does do minimal bleeding but when I use it on my eyelids with eyeshadow, there's barely any bleeding. I also like how smooth it was to apply this eyeliner. Application was really easy with this one.

So I tested how long it will last if I do some things to the swatches...

When I smudged it with dry fingers, the intensity of the blackness diminished but it didn't smudge away.

When I rubbed it roughly, there was minimal smudging.

When I rubbed it lightly with water, as you can see, it was getting removed easily. I wasn't surprised because it never claimed to be waterproof.

And when I rubbed it while wet, it was completely removed.

Here's how I apply it on my eyes:
I just love how black it is! It's not too matte and not too glossy too!

It dries quickly after application too so no need to wait a while before opening your eyes. I like almost everything about it, but the NOT waterproof part is a big con for me. Although I don't sweat a lot (unless I'm doing my exercise) since I'm usually at an air-conditioned room, I do have oily skin and my lids get oily easily. This transfers to the top area of my lids when it gets oily. I don't get that problem if I use primer + long lasting cream shadow topped with powder eyeshadow. The liner can last a whole day with that combination. HOWEVER, I do like using face mists and unfortunately, when my eye area gets some of the mist, this product smudges too! Ugh. Now I have to make sure that no water gets to my lids. 

So to summarize this review:

What I LIKE:

- BLACKKKKK! Yes, it's so beautifully black!
- Sexy packaging
- Affordable
- Available online
- Easy to use
- Smooth application
- Brush is easy to manipulate
- Dries quickly upon application
- Easy to remove at the end of the day

What I DON'T LIKE:

- It's not waterproof! It gets completely destroyed when water touches it. 

Would I buy again? As much as I like most about it, I really want my eyeliner to be waterproof. It's like my number one requirement. 

But if you don't wear eyeliners often or you only wear them for a few hours a day, then this baby would be great for you!

What are your thoughts on the Zoeva Cat Eye Pen in Blackest Black?


Cheers,
DAWN




No comments:

Post a Comment