Tuesday, January 02, 2018

Careline Melted Metallic Lipstick

Hey dolls!

It's 2018!!! Woot! Time just moves so fast. I can't believe 2017 just flew by! 
Anyway, I'm hoping this year would be hell of a lot better and I wish that we can all reflect and appreciate what had happened in the past year/s and make better choices and do meaningful actions this new year. Yay!

And I would like to start 2018 for our blog with a colorful post by sharing the swatches of...

Three Careline Melted Metallic Lipsticks!


These are just a few of the shades released by Careline last August which I was able to receive a few months ago. I already posted my review and swatches of twelve available shades of the Matte Liquid Lipsticks more than a week ago.


I was lucky enough to be one of the bloggers who attended the event last August and we were among the few who got to try these babies first. Back then, I thought metallic liquid lipsticks sounded cool but might not be something that many would go for because they are loud and shiny (in a metallic kind of way). But now I see other brands creating their metallic lines as well! It's pretty impressive that Careline was able to launch their metallic shades sooner than most brands and they offer it at a super affordable price of PhP 210.00.

Here's the press release I got from the launch event regarding the Melted Metallic Lipsticks:
"For the more adventurous, the brand also unveiled the Careline Melted Metallic Lipsticks in three dazzling shades. The formula is creamy enough to glide on lips during application then sets into a flat metal finish that definitely makes any look stand out. These can be worn alone or on top of the Matte Liquid Lipsticks, allowing for a practically infinite number of fun color combinations. [... The] formula [is] also paraben-free."

So here are the swatches of the three shades I have—Luster, Live Wire, and Prince.

Check out that cute sticker from the package I got from Careline. Isn't this so true for all us beauty enthusiasts out there?

On the next photos, I will share lip swatches showing how the lipsticks look when worn alone, the matte liquid lipstick I usually pair the metallic shades with, and how both lipsticks look together. 

Here's Luster

It gives a warm golden-bronze color.


Here they are together.

It created a dark rose gold shade.

Here are the consecutive pictures for reference
Tutu
 Luster
 Combination




This one is Live Wire

It's a metallic red shade. It reminds me of Christmas ornaments to be honest so I frequently used this during the festive Christmas season. 


And this is how it looks like together.

In Bloom
  Live Wire
 Combination

Another thing that Live Wire reminds me of is Wonder Woman's armor in the movie. This is a brighter shade of red though, but a metallic red shade does remind me of her outfit. Girl power anyone?

And finally...

Here's Prince!

A metallic violet shade. This is the first metallic liquid lipstick I used during the launch. 

I paired it with Careline Matte Liquid Lipstick in Dark Matter. I just love this shade's name!

Here's how it looks like together.
I love the deep purple shade it created!

Dark Matter
Prince
 Combination

You can experiment with more colors if you like. There are at least a dozen liquid lipstick shades available from the brand. Go get creative with them.

The Melted Metallic Lipsticks do deliver what it claims—it glides smoothly on lips and dries in a flat metallic finish. The consistency feels thin and lightweight. It doesn't feel like you applied something thick that makes your lips feel trapped with pigment. However, I have tried metallic liquid lippies that have a creamier consistency. Still, this formula isn't as drying as other some of the liquid lipsticks and tints that I have tried before. It's pretty long lasting too, especially when paired with a matte liquid lipstick underneath.

So that's the Melted Metallic Lipstick from Careline! Which shade do you like the most?

If you're interested to see more about Careline, do check out their 


Cheers,
DAWN


No comments:

Post a Comment